Sunday, May 8, 2011

One of the Rare Treasures of Paradise



Hadhrat Abu Dharr [Ra] narrated that Rasulallah [Saw] said: “Should I not tell you of one treasure of the unlimited treasures of Paradise?” I replied spontaneously “Oh Rasulallah (Peace be upon him) that would be an honour indeed!” Rasulallah (Saw) said: “That rare treasure is LA HAWLA WA LA QUWWATA ILLA BILLAH.” (“The strength to do good and to refrain from evil comes from the grace and mercy of Allah!”) -(Ibn Majah)
Hadrat Abu Dharr al-Ghifari (may Allah be pleased with him) narrates that “my beloved friend” (the Holy Prophet Muhammad, may Allah’s blessings and peace be upon him) has enjoined five things upon me. He has commanded me to love and be close to the poor and the downtrodden, and he has commanded me to look at those in the world who are of lower rank than me, and not at those who are of higher rank, and he has commanded me to be kind to the kinsman and to preserve and keep intact the bond of kinship, and he has commanded me not to ask for anything from anyone as a favour and he has commanded me to speak the truth at all times though it may be bitter for others, and he has commanded me to care nothing for the rebuke of those who revile and villify in the path of Allah, and he has commanded me to recite much the Kalima of: Laa Hawla wa laa Qawwuta Illaa Billah (there is no power or strength but in Allah) because all these things are from the treasure-house (of Allah) which is under the ninth heaven. (Ahmad)

1 comment:

  1. Jazak Allah Khair for posting this Hadith--are you able to clarify about the 9th heaven?

    ReplyDelete