Friday, July 13, 2012

Why i wear hijab and not niqab?

This article is not meant to serve as a fatwa (legal opinion) as I am not qualified to issue fatwas. I also need to make it clear that I don't follow a madhab (Islamic school of thought) and I respect the four imams just as much as I respect the scholars of today. I don't blindly follow the scholars, I follow the Quran and Sunnah that they follow. Whatever I have written that is true is from Allah alone while anything that is false is from myself and shaytan. May Allah forgive me and have mercy on me, Ameen ya rabb.... 
To avoid misunderstandings: I support niqaab.  I just don't view it as obligatory. I know a lot of niqaabis who are very dear sisters to me so please don't think I am against niqaabis. I also wish for all sisters who wants to wear it as extraprotection or out of conviction, that may Allah give them all the possibility to wear it without any haressments.... Sad enough, that many niqabi sisters are facing difficulties nowadays, such as those sisters in France and Belgium... and in a few other european countries too. I also know a lot of non-hijabis (muslim women who don't wear any head covering) who I am close to. They are striving to cover and may Allah (swt) increase their iman and give them strength to overcome their personal struggle ameen.
A Muslimah who wears hijab is not better than one who wears niqaab and vice versa. Nobody is better than the next except in taqwah (piety, fear of Allah) Allah Most High does not care about our wealth, our beauty or lack of it, etc. What He cares about is what is in the heart such as niyyah (intention) and the deeds. In Saheeh Muslim it is reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Allaah does not look at your outward appearance and your wealth, rather He looks at your hearts and deeds.” (Hadith No. 4651) 
 Every Muslim woman will be judged on the Yawm Al-Qiyama (Day of Judgement) concerning what they understood about the command of veiling. So let us leave the judgment to Allah Most High, who is the best of judges. I am attempting to explain why I choose to cover everything except my face and hands using authentic daleel (proof, evidence) insha'Allah...

1 comment:

  1. What you wear is not important. The best thing to do is do everything with respect to the halal and Allah. Don't confuse yourselves in making another law to follow. The righteous one is the one who came from Allah.

    ReplyDelete