Wednesday, April 27, 2011

On the importance of our prayer and reciting Quoran

Today i came across a heart touching story, which reminds me one of my similar personal experiences i made in my life. I thaught to share it in my blog, for all of us.
This is something that is very personal and important to me. I hope that you will learn from it. Let me begin with “Bismillah”.
When i first started university, i  met a Muslim Brother. We became good friends but this friendship was unlike any ordinary friendship because I was willing to do anything for him, he was like my real brother.

During our last year at university, my brother announced that he was engaged and was to be married soon after his graduation at the same year. He had also gotten a job. I was glad for him. He talked nonstop about getting married. I was a bit jealous of him, because he had a life that everybody’s dreaming of, get a job right after finishing school and get married. And he happened to come from a wealthy family.

One day he was to meet at the coffee shop. He showed up, but unexpectedly he wasn’t smiling and wasn’t talking about his fiancee. I asked him what was wrong, he asked if we could talk somewhere privately and we did. Then he told me that doctor told him that he had a brain tumor that was malignant, which meant it had become cancerous. When he told me the news, his voice was quivering and tears were streaming down his cheeks.

I had never seen him like this before. I tried keeping my tears and not to show that I was also hurt. I was burnt up inside and things were racing through my mind. I kept thinking, how could this happend? To a man who had everything perfect? But I kept it inside because I didnt want him see me upset.

I witnessed him slowly deteriorate. He had to drop out of college at his last year becouse he began to lose his memory and he failed in many subjects. He used to be a bright student, but then he became “lost”.

He was told me that his fiancee’s family didn't want their daughter to marry him becouse he had lost his job and basiclly had no future. This was hard for him. I remember how he would have cried to me about her and how he had cared for her and how hopeless he felt now.

Later, he had problem in writing and his right eyesight was fading. The tumor was on the left side of his brain, so it affected everything on his right. Becouse of his memory loss, the broter soon forgot suras and he even forgot how to pray. A year later, his right arm was paralysed and his eyesight was taken away from him. It was the hardest thing for me to see. The brother I loved had to go through so much. Then I began visiting him everyday, helping him recite suras.

When i recited surah Al Fatihah to him, and he was slowly repeating after me, I looked at him and thought, “This was the same brother who was very bright and to finish school quickly. This was the same brother who came from such a wealthy family. This was the same brother who talked for days about getting married and raising a family. This was the same brother who had everything”. But now he can barely remember what i said to him ten minutes ago, he couldn’t get married, and now he was struggling to read Qur’an. He wasn’t used to be a practicing Muslim so it was harder for him to recite the Qur’an. This man was now turning towards ALLAH. He dropped EVERYTHING and turned towards ALLAH. ALLAH gave him everything. And HE could take everything away from him easily.

A month ago early in the morning, i was informed he had passed away and his corpse was going to be buried that day. With the help from two other brothers, i washed his body and I saw how lifeless it was. Then he has buried and after that I returned home. On the ALLAH’ power. My brother’s death made me realize that we often forgot what our purpose of being here is. To serve ALLAH. You could have everything but do you have anything that is important? I spent six years knowing this brother, and caring for him. I never shed tears when he was alive. But the day after his death i cried becouse I thought about ALLAH’s power. I thought about my brother.

We always say we will return to ALLAH but we never really believe it. If we did, we would have struggled to read the Qur’an and pray to ALLAH.
My brother had his eyeshight taken away from him, his arm paralyzed and his memory was lost, but he stil got up every morning and he insisted on reciting the Qur’an.

We have the capability, but we never read the Qur’an. We do not really realize, we will return to ALLAH. Or else we would struggle for ALLAH.
My brother had his love for materialistic objects, but when death approached him, those things were of no use to him because he knew they were not going to lead him to Jannah without his Iman.

ALLAH can give and take away things easily whenever and wherever HE wants to. I love my brother and pray that ALLAH will accept him, and I humbly request that prayer be prayed for him. I do pray that we truly belive in ALLAH and we will return to HIM because if we do, we will struggle for our Islam to do the best we can, before we say it is too late. May we all be rightly guided, ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment